Saturday, April 14, 2018

VOTB, continued......

The second week of filming the National Geographic special, Valley of the Boom took us to a one of the most filmed locations in all of the lower Mainland, the Crease Clinic at Riverview Hospital in Coquitlam.
A lot more ominous in the evening.
My imagination getting the best of me as I scout around the building, trying to find any evidence of all the ghost stories I have heard over the years. 
Grabbing a latte at Starbucks, I thought I said "Monty" clear enough.

The demise of Riverview

The paint on the ceiling

Looking out from on of the patient rooms

A view, if you can look past the bars

Looking out front towards our base camp

another view out front


It was very eerie walking around, even during the day

My Teamster peers waiting for the lunch bell. (Teamsters have always eaten 1/2 hour before the cast and crew)
Later in the week we were back in church, this time in South Vancouver

Also at a home.....

.........in a very lovely neighbourhood in Champlain Heights.

Jon, the head chef of Rain City Catering, getting ready to spoil us once again.

Sitting outside set in my Teamster umbrella (my cast vehicle), watching the rain come down.

Bored, standing by, close up on my steering wheel, pic.

I've been asked to bring a lot of things to set, but this is a first.

Filming a dusk shot with the cast riding around in that panel van.

grainy night shot from Spanish Banks looking towards downtown Vancouver.

The kids surprised me and came over to watch a little hockey action.

Pho was on the menu tonight.

Back in Hiroshima, Ritsue and her friends were having fun at the Hiroshima Carp baseball game.
Around the web this week.....
This one put me in a great mood.



I don't care what the thing is, not in my house!

nailed it



This one survived the ice age

and your own caption..


Good for you!

I'm dating myself, but I so remember the disappointment of wanting to rent that new release, only to find they were all gone.

yup

omg, pogs!

I remember all too well, and eventually it became completely twisted.

The amount of waste we generate these days is shameful.

really?

really again





a fool's paradise?

that song "hitchin a ride" comes to mind.



No comments:

Post a Comment