Monday, February 27, 2017

The Mountain Between Us

I had the honor of helping out on the last week of filming on The Mountain Between Us, starring Kate Winslet and Idris Elba. It is based on the novel by Charles Martin.

A shot of filming one of the scenes, which included Vancouver and the surrounding areas, as well as Invermere in the Columbia Valley in Eastern British Columbia
My view from the bowels of the  Shangri-La hotel downtown Vancouver as I waited to pick-up one of the Fox executives.
Familiar ground as I wait at the taxi stand at the Vancouver airport for my exec pick-up.

and more familiar ground as I head downtown to pick up the same exec the next morning. (looking east from Crab Park towards the Port of Vancouver with North Vancouver in the background)

The studio for this feature was in Coquitlam. The wardrobe shop was close by, and offered a spectacular view of the Fraser River and the Port Mann Bridge.

The last night of filming looked a little chaotic to me. There were many little sets all over the stage, with gear everywhere
Omg! This winter is never going to end! More snow started to fly as I headed back towards Vancouver.

Part of the duties, an asap call to pick these two pieces up for the camera department. Then, once again it became a Fraturday, and my Friday turned into 6 a.m. on Saturday. (and........... unemployed again, thanks a lot!)

on the web, I knew right away, this was in the mountains of British Columbia



cheeky!

as redneck as it looks, the ingenuity is impressive

now that's redneck!


Have you no dignity?


just tell me where

where's sparky?

tiny p____?

nonconformist

No comments:

Post a Comment