Sunday, February 21, 2016

Welcome to Wayward Pines

Welcome to Wayward Pines, where paradise is home??? (I think not!) (Click on the show title to learn more)
A new week, a new job. Monday started at Enterprise Rent a Car in Burnaby. This branch is exclusive to the film industry, renting cars, trucks and vans for the many productions filming in Vancouver. For the next 4 months I will be working on the second season of the Fox t.v. series, Wayward Pines.

The starting odometer. Let's see how many kilometres I rack up over the course of the show.

My home away from home is now the driver's seat of this black Ford flex.
At the production office, the cast list is evolving. Last season Matt Dillon was the lead, but for reasons unknown , he will not be back. Jason Patric is the new lead.

the Set decorating department is busy accumulating items in their "lock-up".
The production office and studio is located in South Burnaby, a stone's throw away from the Fraser River.

In season one, the main street of Wayward Pines was filmed in the town of Agassiz. This season, they have moved the main street of Wayward Pines, Idaho to the old "Watchmen" set just off of Byrne road in South Burnaby. Here the construction crew is working hard building the fictional town.

It is so busy, productions are having trouble finding studio space. Wayward pines have taken over a group of buildings that was once home to Golden Boy Foods.
Friday was a scout day. In this sprinter, I drove the execs, director, locations department heads, and producers around the lower mainland as they looked for filming locations. This building is familiar ground, the North Lawn Building at Riverview in Coquitlam.

and back to the Crease clinic at Riverview, I cannot remember how many productions that I have been involved with that have filmed here
New territory (at least for me), scouting around Glen Drive in Coquitlam.

We will be filming in one of the newer suburbs in Coquitlam. I was blown away how many new streets and homes are at the top of Burke Mountain. Single detached homes for only a million!
I worked on the re-shoots of parts of season one in 2014. I actually remember this night in Agassiz, when the town of Wayward Pines went into panic mode. Apparently the power went out just long enough for the "Abbies" (in the foreground)  to escape from their enclosures.
Not the best print ad from the Wayward Pines tourism department.
My week-end was spent with 25 others at a Teamsters 155 shop steward course.

Lots to learn. Stimulating the brain is very important. I find I also learn a bit about myself as well when I participate in these seminars.

No comments:

Post a Comment