Sunday, January 31, 2016

Paranormal is the new norm

This week I was fortunate enough (I think?) to spend time on two CW network shows. I started the week on iZombie, then finished on Supernatural, this show is in it's 11th season!
At the start of the week, heading down town to pick up cast members on iZombie, I had a chance to stop and admire the view of North Vancouver and the North Shore Mountains.
Monday night shooting across the street from North Shore Studios, the main filming location for iZombie.
Tuesday morning was a little on the damp side at North Shore Studios, was really quite content to stay inside the cast vehicle.

Eventually, I had to get out, how can I resist another fine lunch from the t.v. show caterers, Showthyme.
this was part of our evening set, at Toby's pub in North Vancouver, except this time, it is the pub's real kitchen, not the fine work of our set decorating department.
My last duties on episode 215 of iZombie, one more trip to Vancouver International airport to pick up one of the guest stars.
Yah, my face tells the whole story, my Wednesday started with a little trauma at my dentist office!
Yes, who doesn't want to see a bunch of drills ready for action.

and there is my new, pricey as gold,  teeth, scattered around like chiclets!
On Thursday, I worked for the t.v. show Supernatural. No cushy cast driving gig here, I was thrown in to many trucks, and actually had to get my hands dirty, oh my! This truck also subs as a picture vehicle on the show, but today I was delivering lighting to the electrics department. This is at the New Westminster cemetery, overlooking the mighty Fraser River.
Today also included going out to Clairmont Camera in North Vancouver. I was picking up camera gear for the 2nd unit filming on Friday.

outside of the main sets at the Supernatural studios in South Burnaby.

some very talented crews in Vancouver, these sets are spectacular.
Our second unit day started at Queen's Park in New Westminster. This is a display for Rogers Hometown Hockey, which is a national celebration of hockey that will be at the Queen's Park arena on February 13th & 14th.

It has been raining so hard this week, and the scenes today were exteriors, so it was a bit of a miracle when the sun came out for the last couple of hours of daylight. This was in the parking lot of Queen's Park.

Stop, my job would be in jeopardy if I went any closer to where they were filming in the next block.
 After 2nd unit, I move over to the main unit. When I took this pic, it looked like I had a good frame of the late night filming out at a farm house in Langley. I must have been really tired, after all it was approaching 4 a.m. on a cold Saturday morning. Now that is what they call a true "Fraturday"!

No comments:

Post a Comment