Sunday, December 6, 2015

the Magicians, episode 112

Close to finishing the second to last episode of Syfy's "the Magicians", based on Lev Grossman's best selling trilogy of books.
The weather has changed since the show first started shooting at the end of July. Today it was fog and frosty streets on the way to work.
We were out at the University of British Columbia again today. I took the round about way on my way back into Vancouver, and was treated to an early morning view of a frosty beach with Vancouver in the background.  
in less than half an hour, the light on this view looking out into Burrard inlet changed three times.
Some of the filming on this day was back at the botanical gardens at UBC, while the latter part of the day was spent at the Cecil Green house.( (originally had a first nations name, "Kanakla", (house on the cliff)). It was built in 1912
Later in the week, filming was down on Alexander St. in Gastown, and once again, I am not allowed to show anything, but it was supposed to be 1930's London.
Later in the day we were filming on Homer St., close to the Vancouver Public Library.
of all the high end ritzy apartments in Vancouver, apparently this was the one to resemble a loft in New York City. I am always amazed how the locations department finds these places.
across the street, Christmas is blooming.
wow, not much going on on Broadway, especially at 530 am, in the rain. The only vehicle is my mini van, as I await a cast pick-up.

Lyrics for On Broadway By The Drifters, Ben E. King & The Drifters

They say the neon lights are bright
On Broadway
They say there's always magic in the air
But when you're walkin' down that street
And you ain't have enough to eat
The glitter rubs right off and you're nowhere
They say the women treat you fine
On Broadway
But lookin' at them just gives me the blues
How ya gonna make some time
When all you got is one thin dime
And one thin dime won't even shine your shoes
They say that I won't last too long
On Broadway
I'll catch a Greyhound bus for home they all say
But they get wrong, I know they are
'Cause I can play this here guitar
I won't quit till I'm a star
On Broadway
On Broadway
On Broadway
the next day it wasn't much different as I waited to pick up one of the Syfy channel network execs on Robson street.
random, its raining, let's take a picture off of the rear hatch window of the streetlamp decoration in the rain shot.

at the end of the week we were back at the studio, here's a shot from the outside looking into the studio, through holes in the building that are used for running electrical cable through to power up everything.
one of the new sets at the studio, not sure kind of looks like a museum lobby of some sort.
good riddance to one of our main shooting location, the tudor house on S.W. Marine Dr. It rained so hard today even the camera truck got stuck in the yard. I didn't even want the cast to track mud into my vehicle.


It was recently sold anyways for $7.8 million. If there is another season, it will be in another location.

Another wait, this time in a different locale, trendy Yaletown. One of the network execs was checking out Muse FX, who will be doing all of the visual effects for the show.

someone sent me this pic, is it a hole in one or not?

No comments:

Post a Comment