Sunday, July 26, 2015

The Magicians

One of the perks of my film industry job is some of the places I get to go to. Today, I was day calling on the t.v. show "the Flash", working for the set decorating department. I had to pick up some crab traps for one of the sets from the False Creek Harbour authority. What a view!
Also went to another place I have never been to before, out in the town of Aldergrove. This place had everything military for rental to to the film industry. I had to pick up some camouflage nets for a set that will eventually look like a grow-op.
I had it all today. This piece of machinery was being sent to the Flash paint shop to be re-painted for a different set.
This was a set from a previous Flash episode, and was in the process of being wrapped.
More shots from False Creek
As the day continued, it got even more interesting. I actually filled the truck up with dead plants for the grow-up set. The nursery I went to was more than happy to get rid of them.
Having to get used to the Vancouver traffic snarls again.
Inside one of the stages at Vancouver Film Studios. This part of a set for "the Flash".
Later in the week I was at the Irving K. Barber Learning Centre at the University of British Columbia. (We were scouting out locations for a new series.)
Across the way at UBC was the Ladner Clock Tower
The studio for the new series, "the Magicians". (kind of a modern day Harry Potter, based on a trilogy of books by Lev Grossman). The sets are being built for the shows first season. 
And our transport department is assembling the fleet of vehicles needed for the show's run.
Including this 7 passenger Town and Country van which I will be using as one of the cast drivers.
Let's see how many kilometres I rack up in the next 4 1/2 months.
The window sticker, here we go again.

No comments:

Post a Comment