Sunday, May 17, 2015

way down upon the Fraser river, far, far away

Far away from my place, another week on the WWE film, "Santa's little helper", this week it was a straight shot Cambie St. from our base camp (circus) to downtown for my cast and director pick-ups.
We were situated beside the mighty Fraser River for the week, looking west you can see the Richmond, with the Oak Street bridge in the foreground.

This sky-train bridge runs from downtown to the airport.

Looking east

Log booms on the river always fascinate me for some reason.


This sandpiper is wondering why the "circus" has come to it's part of the world.
a Christmas movie needs snow, right? but this is the only evidence of the white stuff I saw today. Where did they find it in May, outside a hockey arena?

on set , Santa, sans snow, is taking a break

hey, that tugboat took my log boom!
One of my duties is to pick up actors at the airport. Today my pick got help up in customs for over 3 hours. I can't go anywhere in case I miss him, and these Clayoquot welcome statues were starting to talk to me!

When they are filming inside a house, I choose not to go in, with all the crew and actors and director, I start to get claustrophobia.
But I did sneak a peak at lunch. In the movie this is the house owned by the lead, and WWE star, Mike "the Miz" Mizanin. 
another film parking pylon succumbs to the mighty Teamster drivers! (an inside joke)

Out caterers on this show have treated us pretty well, breakfast and lunch are always good eating.
random, this Christmas wreath was on a park bench right across from the house we were filming at. 
Somewhere along the line, I picked up a nail, and ended up with a flat tire. While I was at the tire shop, I saw this headline on the t.v. in the waiting room. Go here to see the story.
Alleys fascinate me as well for some reason. I was going for lunch with my brother in the downtown eastside close to Hastings. Walking back to my car, I watched a guy (by the blue on the left) on his hands and knees for over 1/2 an hour, oblivious to everything going on around him. My brother told me he is probably coming down from a crack high, and he is feeling around hoping to find some more, how sad.
Makes you appreciate what you have, and to get to work on a feel good Christmas movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment