Sunday, March 1, 2015

Riverview- X2

Yes, this one of two "Riverviews", this being the mighty Fraser River, looking out from the New Westminster Quay.



I'm not making the same mistake as the last time I was at Metrotown mall in Burnaby. I took a picture of where my car was parked, and yes, I couldn't find it the last time. The parkade is massive! (reminds me of a Seinfeld episode when it happened to them)

If you get mall claustrophobia, come to the north end!
Week three of Electra Woman and Dyna Girl, filming has finally started. The lights were on at the hotel where I am picking up the actors, but it's 4:45 in the a.m., not night time.

Only a trained eye (me), can see that all the vehicles around me at the hotel are also waiting to pick up actors for different shows.
I had to pick up something at the hotel for one of the producers, he has a pretty decent city view.


Leaving downtown Vancouver heading for set.
Getting farther away from downtown, heading for the second "Riverview"
Once again, back at the closed Riverview Hospital, which many productions use for filming. I have been here myself for more than 10 different shows.

Look up, wayyyyyyyyyyyy up!
and you will see how they have transformed parts of this building into quite livable looking sets.
Not bad for what was, a week ago, an empty hospital room.

One of my fellow Teamster brothers, Tracey, enjoying life as usual.  (this boy leads the life of Riley!)
The expression, "Living the life of Riley" suggests an ideal contented life, possibly living on someone else's money, time or work. Rather than a negative freeloading or golddigging aspect, it implies that someone is kept or advantaged.
The expression is of uncertain origin, and is first attested from around World War I, particularly in American servicemen. Various theories exist as to the origin, such as to an origin in the 1880s, a time when James Whitcomb Riley's poems depicted the comforts of a prosperous home life,[3] but it could have an Irish origin—after the Reilly clan consolidated its hold on County Cavan, they minted their own money, accepted as legal tender even in England. These coins, called “O'Reillys” and “Reilly's” became synonymous with a monied person, and a gentleman freely spending was “living on his Reillys”.

Wow, spring has sprung!
Beside the building at Riverview, blog filler?
(By the way, I have yet to find a spot at Riverview that you can actually see the river, just sayin.)

The building is lit up for night time filming, takes a way just a little bit of the creepiness.
(I wonder how the ghosts of Riverview like it?)
 






No comments:

Post a Comment